Interested in finding our more about St. Mark? Wondering about becoming a member?
NEW MEMBERSHIP CLASSES AVAILABLE!
Location: Fellowship Hall of St. Mark Lutheran Church
What are the benefits of being a member of a Church?
- It identifies a person as a genuine believer (Eph. 2:19; Rom. 12:2-5)
- It provides a spiritual family to support and encourage them in their walk with Christ (Gal. 6:1-2; Heb. 10:24-25)
- It gives them a place to discover and use their gifts in ministry (1 Cor. 12:4-27
- It places them under the spiritual protection of Godly leaders (Heb. 13:17; Acts 20:28-29)
- It gives them the accountability they need to grow (Eph. 5:21)
What is it like to be a Christian without a church home?
- A football player without a team
- A soldier without a platoon
- A tuba player without an orchestra
- A sheep without a flock
- A child without a family
- A Christian without a church is an orphan.
What do we expect from our members?
Learn (to grow in)
- Study God’s Word as individuals and community
- Live (to point to)
- Showing others how to follow Jesus
- Love (to share with all)
Sharing how Jesus transforms your life through serving and stories
What can our members expect from their church?
- An opportunity to hear the preached Word
- An opportunity for fellowship
- An opportunity to mature as a Christian through Christian education
- An opportunity to use their spiritual gifts to the glory of God and the edification of humankind
- An opportunity to grow in, point to, and share with all the love of God in Christ Jesus
How does someone become a member of St Mark Lutheran Church?
- Receive Baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
- Attend Exploring Membership Class
Worship Service Cancellation Due to Bad Weather - If you are concerned about the weather and wondering if there will be a worship service, please listen to WCLO or WJVL on the radio, or check www.wclo.com for cancellations or call your Deacon or a member of the Church Council.